Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar party - what to wear?

I have an Oscar party to go to and don't know what to wear. Jewelry? Dress? Jeans with a nice jacket and fun jewelry?

What does one wear to this kind of thing in Albuquerque? I know what I'd wear in Philly...but the East Coast dress code is different. Hmmmmm.

I have so many things in my closet that just don't go with my new New Mexico lifestyle. My suits are too tailored, my dressy stuff is too formal. Even for casual day at my old job, I wore a nice jacket and accessories with jeans. I often feel like I just don't get the dress code. It isn't that people don't dress nicely for work here, but I think that the style is just different from what I'm used to. After a few weeks on my new job, I stopped wearing my big ol' pointy-toed power heels. I now have cute patent leather Mary Janes. Both are nice and professional, but I need to take the edge off....that's tough for a former Philadelphia lawyer...on so many levels.

1 comment:

  1. If Albuquerque is like Austin, I'd wear jeans, a fabulous top, casual jewelry and your new maryjanes.

    ReplyDelete