Monday, February 23, 2009

From Baby Body to "I'm Ba-acck!"...




As some of you might remember, I went to a little neighborhood Oscar party last night. Lots of fun! I ended up wearing jeans, a sweater that I got for Christmas but didn't have the nerve to wear before and my patent maryjanes. I've been feeling a bit uncomfortable wearing form-fitting clothes since I had my baby last March. I am paranoid about "muffin tops" and that little extra around my formerly taut abs..... *sigh*


Well, after about 14 outfits -- seriously, lost count after 7 -- I landed on a very form-fitting sweater that my wonderful sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. Size medium and not an inch to spare. It was a faux wrap with a plunging neckline, but it was clean and it went well with my stretch jeans *eek*. (I have the chocolate brown version of the sweater to the right...)


I added a version of my new Russian lace necklace (see pic on left) and felt fabulous. Even my husband commented that he thought I may have lost a few pounds! The night was great, I felt semi-glamorous and it was the first time since my daughter was born that I wore something like that.


So, for all of you new moms who wonder when it will happen, just be patient! You'll get back to where you want to be if you work at it. It just may take a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment