Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Signs of spring...

Every spring I get an itch to put away the dark colors of winter and pull out the brights and pastels. I just love color and love to wear it. This must have impacted my jewelry designing recently because everything I made was light, bright and cheery.
One of my new favorites is this loooong copper chain (37") with floating flourite and crystal beads, which I suspended with some fine copper wrapped wire. It was very time-consuming, but the result was just so neat. I love how the open links make the necklace airy and the stones add just the perfect amount of extra color and sparkle. I'm so glad that I had some time to play with wire! I've been obsessed with this type of necklace since seeing one of my favorite actresses wearing them constantly lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment